From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:28:36 -0400
>This means the eggs did not increase heart disease risk, in
>the opinion of these researchers.

Yes, it was favourable as I had indicated...

I will have to check back to the new NAP guidelines to see if that (the
all-important ratio) was mentioned or not.

I am just checking now....

It doesn't actually mention the balance issue on page 433 but says; "There
is much evidence to indicate a positive linear trend between cholesterol
intake and low-density lipoprotein cholesteol concentration, and therefore
an increased risk of coronary heart disease (CHD.)".

Who is right? And I wonder if Omega 3 eggs offset any increase in LDL plasma
concentrations and can be considered exempt from the NAP findings?

To be on the safe side and until I have a consensus or clearer opinion on
egg cholesterol and LDLs, I will have to reduce the number of eggs I eat...
too bad...

Marilyn