From:
Carol Feehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 09:42:31 -0700
>Didn't your friend's doctor do any sort of test before leaping to
>conclusions? IBD has a decided physical feature--your GI tract, or parts
>of it, become raw and ulcerated (because your immune system is attacking
>those spots).

Sorry, don't have the details about why his appendix troubles were misdiagnosed
as IBD. I'm just curious about what seems to be an increase in people
telling me appendix and gall bladder stories in the last couple of years.
Wondered if someone else had heard or had research to show that high carb/
low fat might be a culprit.

      /carol

carol feehan          [log in to unmask]
"There are your fog people and your sun people, he said.
 I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded.
 Fog'll do that to you, he said."