From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 09:58:54 +1100
Todd,
do you eat organ meats as part of your meat intake? Loren Cordain's recent
presentation in Sydney he mentioned the high intake of organ meats and root
vegetables in passing. When (if) I review my notes I'll do a post on them.

Liver is very high in Vit A, iron and other goodies. Vitamin A has a lot of
effects on the skin. Relevant to acne and psoriasis (Vit A derivative used
to treat both). It does have some Vit D (not as much as salmon) which is
more relevant to psoriasis (Daivonex TM cream for psoriasis contains
calcipotriol, a vitamin D derivative)

Ben Balzer
"The ideal diet for any animal is that which it eats in the wild. Humans are
no exception."

"Ask a doctor or dietitian how to lose weight and you'll be told to eat
bread, corn,
soy, cereals etc.. Ask a farmer how to fatten an animal and you'll be told
feed it bread, corn, soy, cereals etc. There is a discrepancy that needs
explanation."

"Sigmund Freud is the thinking man's tooth fairy."