From:
Jim Cales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:00:19 -0400
Sure.  The suggested renal diet is all about limiting salt, protein,
potassium and phosphorus.  If one follows the diet as suggested they eat a
lot of carbs in the form of grains.  This leads quickly to high glucose
ratings for sure.

However if you consider these items as the things to be avoided then Paleo
lines right up with the plan.  Paleo excludes salt, has low potassium
compared to SAD, limits phosphorous because dairy is the prime source for
that item, and provides quality protein as opposed to grain protein that
contains other evils.

At my initial "what do I eat" meeting with my dietitian she was very pleased
because 95% of the things I should limit or avoid... I already was limiting
or avoiding due to Paleo eating.  Quite a bonus I assure you!

Jim Cales - [log in to unmask]
Powell, Tennessee USA  37849-3749
http://www.JimCales.com
phone - (615)261-0696