Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 06:59:16 -0700
Marilyn > You talk like we are some sort of separate and superior
entity.

1) Never separate in the state of nature but *absolutely* superior, in
both good ways and bad.  It's not even close and there's no crime in
suggesting it.  We have dominated the world -- and, yes, in the process
abused our power in many, many sickening ways -- for a long, long time.
Nothing smug about that simple fact.

2) I believe in a God who created people in his image.  Many do not -- I
understand and respect that point of view while adamantly disagreeing
with it.  But there's nothing inherently smug about believing in God --
in fact, it's rather humbling.  And if you review the literature you'll
find that the *overwhelming* majority of hunter gatherers throughout
time also knew of God.  Not that truth is up to a vote.  But religion
is absolutely paleo.

Again, apologies to all for the off topic.  Be glad to discuss one on
one with anyone interested.