From:
Susan Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:27:33 -0800
At 11:42 AM 3/22/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear Susan,
>
>How do you get your grassfed beef fat?
>
>Do you get grassfed beef suet for your pemmican?
>
>Looks like I have the venison, and you have the suet, and neither of us can
>make an edible pemmican!
>
>Mary
>
>ps Do you think my son may be allergic to grain fed beef,  and could
>tolerate the range beef?

Hi, Mary

I'm sorry if I led you astray. I have a source for grassfed beef, some local
people who grow it. I found them by asking my piano tuning customer where I
could get good clean meat, and her relatives raise it, and sell it by the
quarter. However, I can't buy any until I have a freezer, which I plan to buy
soon. She says that the meat is so great that she will no longer touch beef
from the supermarket ... it seems downright inedible.

If all goes as planned, maybe I can send you some suet, once I get in gear.
Once rendered (actually, twice rendered) it should be stable enough to send
through the mail.

I think the only way to find out about your son would be to find some
grassfed
beef, and see how he does.

Doesn't the paleolithic diet website have sources of mailorder range beef?
Has anyone here tried them?

So, sorry if I sounded like I'm already ahead on the game. I also don't have
any dried black currants yet, though I just planted several bushes!

Best wishes,

Susan

Susan Kline
Philomath, Oregon