From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 09:04:56 -0700
On Wednesday, May 11, 2005, at 04:52 US/Pacific, Adrienne Smith wrote:

> Also, I've read this idea that eggs should be cooked with the yolk
> intact
> to avoid oxidation of cholesterol in several books including Mercola's
> No
> Grain Diet.  However, in a review of the book by Sally Fallon at
> Weston A
> Price Foundation website, she debunks this claim. Scrambled eggs, here
> come...

I've been thrashing around with this concept, too. I can eat my eggs
raw, but I like them somewhat cooked. If it's about oxygen, I figure
it's OK to break the yolks as long as you're not beating them to whip
air into them, so I break them in the pan and stir them into the whites
while they cook. I like them runny anyway. Fried eggs I don't break,
just barely set up the whites and leave the yolks whole and liquid. My
gut feeling is that I have more to lose by cooking them than by
breaking the yolks anyway.

I'd welcome any perspectives you might have.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!