From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 15:24:51 -0500
On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:08, Michael Raiti wrote:

>Does Fallon explain the science behind her understanding?  I have
>also heard before that cooking eggs with the yoke in-tact is
>preferable to avoid oxidation of cholesterol.  I have wondered about
>this, however, and am curious on what basis she refutes it.
>
>Mike
>

>>I've read this idea that eggs should be cooked with the yolk intact
>>to avoid oxidation of cholesterol in several books including Mercola's No
>>Grain Diet.  However, in a review of the book by Sally Fallon at Weston A
>>Price Foundation website, she debunks this claim. Scrambled eggs, here I
>>come...

And very sensible, Michael.  Whatever the purported benefits of separating egg yolks from egg
whites or of other Neolithic care in food preparation, you can bet it wasn't the default Palaeo
cooking method.  The default would have been raw eggs, followed by cooking in the shell (beside
an open fire, not in water), followed by "scrambling" by breaking them over a hot rock.

Keith
(Who has just eaten half a six-egg breakfast omelette [home-grown eggs], cooked in a cast iron
pan in a bed of suet [walnut sized piece of suet]).  In an hour I'll be cycling 17km through the frost
to work where I'll have the second half of the omelette with ten macadamias that I cracked from
the shell this morning.)