From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:25:13 -0700
Trish Tipton wrote:

> I would have blamed preservatives and chemicals SAD has added to our
> foods over the years.

or SWD as was pointed out recently.  I think this is a big key.  Many of
the
pesticides and herbicides that are on the supermarket fruits and veggies
are estrogenic.  These compounds have only been on/in our food and
water supply in the last 50 years or so.  Also, it is only in that period

that growth hormones have been fed to meat and dairy animals.   Since the

hormone load of meat and dairy products is constantly increasing, I
believe the problem will only get worse.

Recommendation 1: use organic meat and vegetables (and dairy if you use
it)
Recommendation 2: get to know the people that produce your food
Recommendation 3: Write the USDA and remind them that their charter
should
   be to protect the consumer, not the agribusiness chemical companies.

off my soapbox now.....

Lynnet