From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:32:06 -0800
On Monday, Nov 8, 2004, at 07:10 US/Pacific, Jim Swayze wrote:
> Now, some argue that partial adaptation has occurred with respect to
> certain foods.  I'm not going to argue with that except to say the
> following: It is clear that no human on this planet will fare poorly
> in consuming a purist paleo diet.  Perhaps we can add other food items
> such as raw dairy or rice with no adverse health effects, perhaps we
> can't.  That's up to the individual to decide whether it's worth it.
> While staying purist paleo, I'll try personal experiments with
> questionable items from time to time.

I agree wholeheartedly with this approach. If I want something badly
enough, I will try it. But this hasn't really happened yet. I did have
about two ounces of really fine red wine a few weeks ago, and got a
killer headache the next day; however, I still get headaches from time
to time regardless, so it's inconclusive. I do still use some dairy,
but little. And the symptoms associated with dairy had eased when I
quit grains and cheeses.

I agree that you cannot go wrong with being strict.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!