From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:05:13 -0700
On Sunday, Apr 17, 2005, at 08:31 US/Pacific, Adrienne Smith wrote:

> I've been having duck leg for breakfast these days while chewing on
> the end
> of the bone (don't do this in front of non-paleo significant others -
> it
> totally grosses them out) -- I discovered that the duck marrow is
> beyond
> divine.  However, I'm concerned about cracking my teeth.  I tried
> using a
> nut cracker on the bone but it doesn't work.  Does anyone have any
> ideas
> what would work?

Something big and heavy:) Paleo man used rocks to crack bones.
Honestly, I eat the chicken bone ends, where I think most of the
nutrition lies anyway, and crack and suck the long bones. But I don't
worry about eating all the bone. I do eat as much of the ribs and
breast/backbones as I can. I don't think you will break teeth, but this
could be hugely variable, as poor diet early on has everything to do
with tooth integrity.

Hope this perspective helps.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!