From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:55:04 -0800
Okay, here they are.  I've tried about twenty of them, all very
interesting.  Rose petals and gladiolus are my favorites so far; violets
are nice and peppery.  Locust blossoms are mild, like raw beans;
honeysuckle has wonderfully sweet reproductive parts.  Pick daylily buds
before they open.  Those and elderberry blossoms are good lightly sauted
with other veggies.  The herb flowers tase pretty much like the herbs
themselves, but chive blossoms can be bitter and strong.  Cooking tames
them to an oniony flavor.

EDIBLE FLOWERS:

alyssum
anchusa
apple blossoms
bachelor buttons
basil
bean flowers
bee balm (monarda/bergemot)
begonia
blackberry
catnip
chicory
chrysanthemum (always thought these were
inedible, but they were on the list...)
clover (red)
comfrey
dandelion