From:
Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 13:36:45 -0800
 > A lot of legumes. Acacia seeds are legumes.
 > Some can be eaten immature. Some can be leeched or sprouted.
 > Some need to be heated. Aborigines do all this.
 > Do you have the Australian Aborigine Plant food data (1 mb PDF)?

carob, tamarind are very tasty raw but there only the pod is eaten not the
seeds.
i experience greens peas( english peas )  very okay but neither my childrens
or i can stand snow peas or edible pods peas ,there is something in the pod
that is blocking us ( taste awfull to us ) we eat only the seeds of them .

i have the feeling that toxins in dry legumes appear at maturation .

jean-claude