From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 18:40:40 -0600

> Regionally and seasonally adjusted. I think it does a disservice to
> paleos everywhere to assume any kind of "schedule".

> I'm willing to bet a paleo's "light activity" is magnitudes greater
> than what is considered "normal" activity nowadays.

Though there is no doubt variation in schedule, Sahlins seemed very
comfortable positing a "paleolithic rhythm" of infrequent but intense
work.

Also, I found the following comment from a study by Yamuauchi on Baka
hunter gatherers surprising: "...energy intake and energy expenditure
[avg. 1666 calories per day] are both low in Baka hunter-
gatherers...."    To go back to your point about seasonal variation,
however, the author did say: "Due to the limited sample size and
survey duration [rainy season only], it is not possible to conclude
that the results of this study present the average throughout the
annual cycle."

Jim