Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:29:42 -0800
Hi!
My name is Nancy and I'm into my 6th week of eating the Paleo way. I was a lowcarber for about three years, but reached a stalemate weightwise. I got a bit frustrated with the food choices, and always felt as though I was missing something and eating too much of something else! Paleo fits me like a glove! Salads with walnut oil and lime, free-range beef brisket cooked with a bit of tomato, lemon, and onion...followed by fresh fruit ... WOW!
It amazed me when someone said that the diet could be difficult and time-consuming. I find it a breeze! (I am lucky enough to have a natural food store AND a natural food coop within 50 miles. And, both carry free-range beef, chicken, turkey, and pork.)
I am hopeful that some of the problems I have with arthritis and inflammation will go away. I am also hopeful that my concentration, focus, and memory will improve.
I do not understand a lot about the 6/3 fats, but read it all and hope that it distills into something clear someday. (grin) I am totally confused about coconut oil and Cordain's positioning of coconuts at the bottom of the barrel. (I have read both NeanderThin and The Paleo Diet.)
Thanks to all of you for being out there with the voices of experience!
NancyO