From:
Wayne Wynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:36:33 -0800
Have you tried a higher ratio of vegetables to meat, particularly green
vegetables? The less nomadic HG's ate, on average, a higher ratio of
vegetables to meat. They also were more less active, presumably. Maybe
this is how we are attuned. Averages still allow for significant
individual variations, of course.

And, what about strictly or mostly raw food for a period of time or for
parts of the week? I've eaten only raw food for up to three months at a
time. The only "meat" I ate was sushi.  I loved the food, enjoyed it
more than on any other diet, but eventually felt run down. So, now I eat
"towards" paleo as much as I can and eat plenty of raw food. Full
benefits from a raw food diet are achieved with the help of non-paleo
things such as high speed blenders, but just raw food and a lot of
chewing is still good. The raw foodists are big on green vegetables.

Just some thoughts, Susan. And, wishing you good health.

Wayne

Susan Carmack wrote:
<snip>