From:
Louise Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:27:24 -0500
Hi Mary, and fellow HG's,

Let meat sit out on a plate or drying tray (I use the screens that keep
fried foods from splattering). in ht refrigerator. It will keep for weeks!
It gets dried out on the outside, but it is just like a layer of jerky.
That way as you slice off a piece now and then, as the bacteria grows, you
can adjust to it. I wouldn't just suddenly take a big bite of seriously
rotted meat. Your system needs to be introduced to it gradually. You don't
want to overwhelm your immune system, it is better to slowly build it up.

Kimchee is a good way to buy fermented cabbage. It will usually have
cayenne and garlic in it- check the label. Most Oriental markets will carry
it, although it is a Korean dish.