From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 23:29:09 -0800
>Teaching about proper nutrition by disseminating objective scientific facts
>is one thing, but proselytizing a religion or philosophy or lifestyle is
>quite another.  I think Kirt was referring to the proselytizing thing.

Disseminating "objective scientific facts" is proselytizing the scientific
religion .Like any religion , Science is just a way to  apprehend  the world
. It is just one way of observing facts.
 there is no way to exclude the observer from the observed ( ask the
scientists working on atoms behavior, they act like they expect)
.Observed facts loose their meaning if left without interpretation leading
to theories. Theories comes and goes .
When somebody is sharing his or her view of the world , it is less
proselitizing  ( converting from one religious faith to another) than
somebody pretending to disseminate facts. ( peoples are way more blindfully
converted from their old view by expert scientists than by somebody else
life style , philosophy or religion), because at least there  you know that
it is their point of view)
Don't forget than in the domaine of nutrition specially facts of yesterday
are mistakes of today.
jean-claude