From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 10:15:30 -0500
L wrote:

> Todd I can't recall whether you decided on and are doing EODIF (every
> other day intermittent fasting) or DIF (daily intermittent fasting).
> Also how low is very low carb? Could you clarify?
> Your results are certainly very impressive!

I'm doing DIF, with about a two-hour window of eating, although I don't
always use it.  My carb intake is between zero and 30g.  For example,
yesterday I got a cheapo pot roast and simmered it for about three
hours.  I had a large portion of that.  I don't weigh my food, but it
seemed like a lot.  I had a bit of feta cheese crumbled on it, maybe a
tablespoon.  I had some steamed (frozen) veg with that, mostly broccoli
florets and water chestnuts, with a little butter and hot sauce.  About
an hour later I got a cup of blueberries and munched on them while
reading.  That was it for the day.

Typically, when I have these meals, I get the feeling "Ouf, that was a
lot, I won't be losing any weight after that."  But the weight is coming
down slowly but steadily.  As of today, I'm two pounds lighter than when
I posted the update.  BGs are staying in the 80s mostly, with the
occasional 90 on the two-hour postprandial test.

Todd Moody