From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:40:57 -0800
I've gotten my fasting numbers to drop from 100ish to
the high 70's - low 80's, where they've stayed for the
past week or so.  I haven't changed my diet, all I did
was add a small meal of fat and protein in the
evening, which did the trick.  Turns out I was
experiencing liver dump as a result of my blood sugar
dropping too low in the early morning.  I attribute
this to the fact that I'm eating very low carb, and my
body was having a hard time keeping my glucose levels
up while I slept.  I'm not sure why this only happens
in the morning, but I assume it has something to do
with the release of GH, glucogan, adrenaline, and
cortisol that occurs in everyone in the early am
hours.

My numbers throughout the day have stayed below 100 as
long as I keep a lid on the carbs.  This is a big
relief as I was getting worried there for while that I
might be headed for type 2 diabetes, despite eating
low carb paleo.

Anyway, just thought I'd pass this on in case anyone
else wanted to give it a try...

Mark