Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 05:52:24 -0500
Dori Zook wrote:
> So my goal is to combine the best of both worlds. ..

I think you make absolute perfect sense, Dori.

It is easy for people here to romanticize about paleo life as we all sit
here in our heated rooms typing at our high-tech computers with our electric
refrigerators full of paleo food in the kitchen.

I think people would change their tunes a bit after spending 30 days in the
cold wilds, dressed in bear-skins and wondering where the next meal was
coming from.

I recall my days as an avid back-packer. I fancied myself to be quite a
survivalist. I read all the books and had a lot of paleo-type knowledge
about surviving without the conveniences of modern civilization. I enjoyed
my trips into the mountains but after two weeks in the raw wilderness I was
always VERY glad to get back to my nice modern heated neolithic home.

I'm happy to give up my cookies and my ice cream, but don't you dare touch
my automobile or my electric heater or my air conditioner or my electric
lights or my electric refrigerator or my computer or my TV remote control. I
love my TV remote control! Click click.... :-)

-gts