From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:54:36 -0800
Hi All.

Just had a taste treat.  Gunthorpe's grass-fed pork (been getting it for
about a year now--great stuff) has the mildest-flavored liver I've ever
tasted.   Even milder than lamb liver.

Did a search on trichina and got the impression that they migrate from
the intestine to the muscle only (not to the organs).  Anyone know
anything more about this that I didn't find?

Reason is, I like liver almost raw.  Trichina-phobia had me cook it a
little longer than I care to though, so it got chewy on the outside
(soft, sweet and creamy on the inside).  The hearts are tender and mild
lightly roasted, but I like them pretty raw too.

So, before I undercook any more of these pig guts, I'd be happy to hear
from any of you parasite experts.  (I already queried Greg Gunthorpe
about it, but I'm not sure when he'll have a chance to get back to me.)

Lois