From:
"Laurie Brooke Adams (Mother Mastiff)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:23:12 -0500
>ObPaleo-if you're concerned about calcium, try collard greens.  one cup
>cooked chopped collards contains 226 mg. of calcium (and i have a nice
>recipe for that, too <G>)

If recipes offend the list gods, you can email it to me offline, but my
winter garden (at least till the blizzard of 00!) has been incredibly
prolific, and I have been up to my a** in three kinds of collards, 2 kinds
kale, 2 kinds chard, 2 kinds spinach, carrots, rutabagas, and fancy leaf
lettuces.  I am hoping the plants survived because of being covered in
snow/coated in ice during the worst of the weather.

Would LOVE some paleo (as opposed to local tradition, i.e., sh*t-kickin'
redneck-style  overcooked) methods of preparing these nice veggies. (OK, the
carrots are for my sweetie and the rutabagas are for the dogs, but we all
share the greens, even the chickens!)

laurie                   Colorsplash Farm          Apex NC