From:
Jochen Schwarz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 13:38:20 +0200

>>Why are you consuming fish oil - why don't you just eat fish? I'm not
>Remember, I'm trying to "fix" a BP problem and get as close to 1:1 omega-3
>and omega-6 (on a tight budget to boot) as I can...  fish oil capsules are,
>imo, my best option at this time.  (And 12g is 3 x 4 caps)
>
>Dianne

There´s another low budget trick for correcting the omega-ratio.

More alpha-linolenic acid (flax oil) as linoleic acid (sunflower oil, most of the nuts...)
will block most of the conversion from linoleic acid to arachidonic acid.
So only the amount of arachidonic acid has to be balanced by the fish oil,
that will mean no more than two gramms of fish oil per day, even if will eat two
pounds of fatty meat with a high content of arachidonic acid like hannibal lector.

Jochen