From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 21:00:00 +0100
> Try various types of nuts to see which one you prefer - there are
> Brazil, almond (soaked overnight improves them when eaten without their
> skins), pine, macadamia, cashew, etc.  I find that I can only eat a
> couple of brazils but can eat many pine nuts or cashews.  Naturally, it
> is hard to stop eating macadamias! :-)

Nuts have enormously high ratio of omega6 to omega3 and should not be eaten
in large quantities.

> Look for a local "Halal"
> butcher - they do it organically.

"Halal" butchering means that the butcher slits the throat of the living and
conscious animal and says a prayer over i. It has nothing to do with organic
whatsoever. It might be that your specific butcher is desls in organic meat
but I would not trust it since it is in no way part of the religious idea
around "halal".
In Sweden it is forbidden in its proper form because it is against our rules
for handling animals. The halal butcher must first make the animal
unconscious before he slits the throat.