From:
PLVentura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:48:32 -0400
> The fact that lectins cause agglutination is well known, but I agree
> that there has been no independent confirmation of his claims that
> specific lectins cause agglutination only in particular blood types.

From what I understood, the antiquated way to determine of someone had
type O blood (for transfusion purposes in war time, etc.) was to make a
runny paste of wheat flour and water, put a drop or two of the paste on
a piece of paper, and a drop or two of whole blood in it, and if the
blood "clumped up" (ie. agglutinated--visible with the naked eye), it
was determined to be type O.  A and B blood would not clump up in wheat
water.  It has been many years since I read about this, so my
recollection may be off, but that's how I understood it.  Now, just what
did they mean by "clumping up"?  I dunno, but I pictured the way oil
comes together in its clumps of beads on water.  I bet, if you're really
that into it and would like to try it for yourself, you could find this
info on D'Adamo's site.

Lois