From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:46:24 -0700
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:18:49 -0700, Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Adam and Eve had everything to eat in the Garden, no sweat involved:
>
>(Genesis 2:8-9) . . .. 9 Thus God made to grow out of the ground every tree
>desirable to one's sight and good for food and also the tree of life in the
>middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.
>
>...but it didn't take long to wreck the Place.

Shortly thereafter, we read that God approved of the Paleo Diet, but disapproved
of Neolithic cuisine:

1: Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, "I have
gotten a man with the help of the LORD."
2: And again, she bore his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, and
Cain a tiller of the ground.
3: In the course of time Cain brought to the LORD an offering of the fruit of
the ground,
4: and Abel brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions.
And the LORD had regard for Abel and his offering,
5: but for Cain and his offering he had no regard. So Cain was very angry, and
his countenance fell.

It's also interesting that an explorer claims to have located the four rivers
that define the Garden of Eden (Pishon, Gihon, Tigris and Euphrates) and the
lands of Cush and Havilah that bordered it, and puts its location near the
modern Iranian city of Tabriz.    Evidently, the area originally had a lot of
Almond and Pistacio trees...

--
Cheers,

Ken