Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 15:09:32 -0500
An obsession is a neurosis characterized by compulsive behavior.  One's
quest for optimum health is no more of an obsession than another's quest for
quick meals purchased from a drive-through lane.

Some live a life that is a never-ending quest for knowledge, and part of
that knowledge is health related.  For many who work 40 or more hours a
week, high quality nutrition and exercise must be given priority, or there
is not enough time, and it is neglected as is apparent in the declining
overall health of Americans.  Therefore, what appears to be an obsession may
not actually qualify a such when a comparison is made with the time and
energy devoted to all of a typical days' activities.

I choose to dedicate much of my free time pursuing optimum health through
nutrition, exercise (hiking, weight lifting, swimming, etc.), and reading.
On my deathbed, I will be happy I lived my life this way if my stay is
short, and it is for a reason other than being unable to get up for years,
because I do not have the strength, and my vertebrae fracture from the
weight of my body in bed as my aunt's, who was married for 40 years to a
rice farmer.

A Paleolithic diet provides a solid paradigm for optimum nutrition, and the
latitude for individual customization.  The customization may require some
dedicated thought.

Marylee