Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:51:06 -0400
Another issue not mentioned is that many modern people have chronic and/or
dgenerative ailments and weak constitutions (from poor pre and post natal
nutrition).  Some seek relief from very real, very uncomfortable health
problems.... This can set some folks on a quest, making them want to read
and learn as much as possible to find out how tocan rectify problems that
make their lives more difficult and/or cause physical pain or impair their
daily functioning.  Some already know that the answer does not consist in
finding and taking more pharmaceuticals or OTC drugs.

I don't dispute that some people might appear quirky when compared to or
held in contrast the typical SAD eater who does not know what is in his/her
food (refined oils, hydrogenated fats, margarine, sugars, MSG, dyes,
colorings, preservatives, addives, hormone and antibiotic residues,
bleaches, white flour.....) that could be injuries to his/her health or the
health of his/her offspring.

>>The world would not be a happier place if everyone just
>>decided to go to Disneyland, or to eat ice cream, or watch cartoons,
>>because the principles of our culture would not change.

Tis true!  The media's portrayal of what brings happiness (Coke, Pepsi, this
or that brand of beer, cookies, chips, candy bars, jeans, or cars) is trite
and merely distracts people from the essence of life, a healthy, symbiotic
connection with people and the planet.

Some people may want to share their new way of eating, living, exercising,
or recycling, out of sheer passion.... wanting company, companionship,
kinship, wanting not to feel like an oddball for choosing healthy foods,
wanting pure water, personal health, a healthy, livable environment, a
healthy next generation.

Rachel