From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 18:46:35 -0400
> what kind of meat were you eating? I am
>interested because I feel better on mostly meat and have digestive problems
>when I add too much fruit (or nuts).
>The other night I had some local corn and it just about killed me. Either
>that or the grapes!

the kind of meat i ate was whatever i could get cheap in the grocery store.
mostly the cheap fatty cuts of meat, like chuck shoulder, or whatever was on
sale that week.  if it was tough, i just slow cooked it til it got tender.
also alot of chicken wings/thighs/drumsticks, because 1) i like dark meat
better, 2)more fat in dark meat, 3) it's generally cheaper than white meat.
i usually avoid pork.  once in awhile, if it's on sale, i have turkey.

i'm not surprised to hear that the corn upset your stomach, and i'll bet it
was the corn, not the grapes.  corn is like the worst thing i can eat,
anything with even corn syrup in it, as a sweetner, will give me bad
abdominal cramps.  you get real good at reading labels.

also, i felt perfectly fine eating lots of meat and little fruit, until the
pains began.
JoAnn.