From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:23:20 -0800
I've been looking at some of the more or less paleo
recipes for bread-like substances with interest.
Having tried cooking/baking with various ground nuts,
I understand why arrowroot is used to bind it
together, but what exactly is arrowroot, and why is it
considered (by some people) paleo?

My recollection is that arrowroot powder is starch
extracted from the root. Is it simply a process of
running water through the chopped root and collecting
the starch, or is there more to it?

Andrea