From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:43:58 -0800
>  Yes, there ARE psychosocial causes of mental illness, but
>food intake in some cases makes all the differences in the universe. Right,
>Mary?  Anyone else care to comment?

There is no separaration between psychosocial or nutritional " causes"
Both affect the innerchemistry , metabolic state or endocrine status ...

They go together,  your specific nutritional status will affect your
behavior and psychosocial condition and vice versa .
when somebody feel lonely or depressed triggered by a social interaction
,that person will have the drive to compensate and reestablish the balance
of his innerchemistry  with specific foods.
The person who overate candies could start to behave frantic or agressive
and will create social responses from others ,or social situation which
again thru emotions felt at that point will change the inner chemestry
We have at least to understand phenomenas as cycle not linearly and better
to see everything starting and ending in a point.
So at anypoint in time or space we can affect the whole.
Somepeople will want to focus on the nutritional aspect of it and their
world will change, others will start with their psychoemotional relationship
to their world and will end up   eating differently.
That was my comment!
jean-claude