From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:21:54 MST
Amadeus wrote...

>>Fortunately (for neolithic cultures) or by accident cereals and legumes
>>help
>>out each other in exactely the one low amino acid, so the biological value
>>of a composition of legumes and cereals is even higher as the one of meat

I probably should keep my hole shut, but what the hey.

Are we forgetting all the problems with legumes and cereals, Amadeus?  Ray
(and others), help me here.  Lectins, found in grains and legumes, play a
pivotal role in rheumatoid arthritis.  Legumes and cereals are high in
carbohydrates, a problem for at least a signifigant number of people on this
list, if not a small minority.  I could go on and on and on and on and on.
Even some USDA (or FDA, I forget which) have come out against soy, a legume,
because the risks outweigh the benefits.  Plant proteins are a poor choice
compared to animal proteins.  Don't even get me started on potatoes.

I know what's going to happen; you'll attempt to rip me a new legume chute
and a list squabble cold very well ensue.  If I have to, I'll cite some
studies and/or sources.  As a rule I let your posts drift by but I'm going
to hit 'send' anyway.  Have at me.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO