From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 22:14:29 -0800
On Saturday, Dec 3, 2005, at 21:56 US/Pacific, Brenda Young wrote:
> I would much prefer to clean up the diet even more than he suggests,
> add in a bunch of fat, which he decries, eat more raw, and, if any
> supplements are used, to use whole food supplements which provide and
> surround the nutrients you are after, and not heavily concentrated
> single nutrients.
>
> ginny
>

> Hey Ginny-girl!!
>
>   First of all, thank you for your kind words in an earlier
> post...they made me smile!!!  I, too, think the supplement thing is
> terribly overdone, but what do you think about the argument that the
> quality of our food nowadays is so poor that we can't possibly eat
> enough to get all the nutrients we need?  Especially when organic is
> so hard to find in some areas, including mine.  So much conflicting
> information out there nowadays, sigh.

That's precisely why I use whole food supplements; they provide a wide
spectrum of concentrated, organically grown foods. I eat a lot of good
quality meat and organs, but it's the veggies which lack so much. I do
grow some of my own.

Currently I use Juice Plus, Nikken Jade Green Zymes, bioflavonoids, and
several Standard Process formulas targeted at metabolic sufficiency and
organic trace minerals. This is not an advertisement for any of the
above. Hopefully this helps fill any gaps.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!