From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:20:12 +0200
Hans wrote,

>At 09:40 1999-04-07 -0700, Mary wrote:

>>Remember the posting that I think Hans kindly posted, a breakdown

of the
>>composition of bone marrow,and I think it was something like 25 g

of
>>protein, 5 g of carb. I was extremely disappointed to find out that

bone
>>marrow is not high fat, it is high protein, right?? Unless I am

mistaken..I
>>hope I am mistaken and that it IS high fat.
>
>I am not the one who dissapointed You :-)
>- Hans
Mary,

Im awfully sorry to have disappointed you :-( ...
I got my data from cattle marrow ("Rind Mark" in german)
- found no other analyse for it.
Maybe the difference is from the very high water content in my
analyse:
74g water
 5g fat
20g protein
If you use a less fresh marrow (less water) of course the
fat contents go up.
Looks right.
At least you have 25% as of the protein weight as fat.
That is paleolithcally a top value for our climate.

regards

Amadeus

---
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net