From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 05:39:02 -0600
i wanted to mention, for those who haven't yet explored their local
farmer's market, that i found some wonderful resources at mine-- a
source of grass fed elk.  This is a farmer who doesn't market his
product anywhere else and I was so glad to find him.  There is also
another farmer at the weekly market who raises fallow deer.  They make
less than great products from their meat to sell at the markets (ie
jerky and pepperoni sticks, etc.) but they have all the usual cuts
available, roasts, ground, steaks, etc.

And I tried some wild salmon (sockeye) the other day at a fish market.
WOW, does it taste fantastic!!  compared to the farmed fish I was used
to eating from the supermarket...

so, support your local summer food resource.  :-)
Jana