From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:21:34 -0600
Jo Webb <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Most of the time I make sure I don't have any non-paleo food around, and
> then if I really want something I have to go and get it. It's a trade-off
> between laziness and greed :-). Problems start when I stay at my parents'
> house - they have biscuits, cereals etc. which I find do hard to resist,
> probably because that's the sort of stuff I always used to eat when I lived
> there.

When I decided to give up grains I did it in stages and when at the
final stage, I couldn't eat out at my parents' place for a few weeks,
because my childhood = grains, especially sugary breakfast cereal.  I
think I still wanted love from my parents and they show their love
using food.  It is like we needed to find a different way to
demonstrate love.  :)  (I demonstate my love for them by sharing my homemade
trout jerky. ;)

Now I go over there for meals and it works somehow, even though I
don't eat the bread, chips, etc.   I feel that
because my diet is so satisfying/filling (meat and fat) I don't have the
swings and cravings that might make me eat something that would make
me feel sick.