From:
Beverle Sweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 17:09:04 -0500
Jackie:
   I don't envy you one little bit.  My kids are all grown now.  I
remember that I tried to do right by only serving home-made, whole grain
bread and they hated it.  They wanted Wonder bread.  Even were ashamed
at school because of the"funny-looking" bread.  Of course that was many
years ago and I have only learned the Paleo way in the last 2 or so
months.
   I got a bottle of Elliott's Amazing apple juice today and there are
'amazing' facts on the side.  One of the items says "if you filled
trucks with all the candy American kids eat in one year, they would line
up bumper to bumper from San Diego to San Fransico."  Another says, "if
all the pizza slices Americans eat in one day came from one gigantic
pizza, it would cover more than 11 football fields."
   I agree with the other people who have written saying that it is more
important to love and get along with your kids than to try too hard to
control what they eat.  One way or another life is short and the other
influences in their lives can easily outweigh a parent's influence,
especially when they get to a rebellious age and the "units" are leaning
too hard.  I have learned a lot in my many years, but I wouldn't do it
again for anything.
   Hang in there and bless you for trying so hard.
Beverle