Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:48:07 +1100
I'm sure there is a medical reason for developing ridges on the fingernails
but I have been unable to find one.

I do know that my own ridges are getting worse with age and that my mother
developed ridges on her nails at my age on the same fingers, which have
progressively worsened. So whatever the nutritional cause there is an
hereditary component to it as well. I have been eating paleo for six years
and she is still eating lots of processed and junk food at 74 so in our case
diet is not a common denominator.

Leonie