From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:55:37 -0500
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004  Supermarket fruit is flavourless
>and over-sweet, and usually selected on appearance not taste.  I would
>rather buy misshapen fruit and veg with real taste and some nutritional
>value than a perfect spherical apple with two shiny leaves at the top.
>(Or actually, I would rather pick the wild berries and apples that I'm
>fortunate to have growing very near my house.)
>
>The same goes for animals.  We've bred hideous lumps of walking fat,
>and we are now so used to it we wonder what is wrong when a steak
>*isn't* marbled.  Even our pets are a mess- pedigree dogs are an
>abomination: most of them are mentally ill from birth or develop
>serious complaints later on.  In fact, the only thing worse than the
>state of the plants and animals we eat is the state of us ourselves.
>
>Ashley

I'm not sure how fruit can be both "flavourless and over-sweet"??? You are
grossly overgeneralizing about the quality of supermarket vegetables but in
any event I'm glad you are fortunate enough to have wild berries and apples
growing near your house because not everyone is so furtunate and so it's
the supermarket or nothing.  In paleo times -- it would whatever one could
find and depending upon season, that would means long stretches with little
to no variety.  As for the rest of your self-admitted off-topic rant,
kindly spew your negativity and self-loathing as well as your apparent
loathing for your fellow human beings on a more appropriate forum.  I'm
sure you'll find a plethora of forums where there are plenty of miserable
people foaming at the mouth and ranting about how awful the world is.