From:
Michael Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:28:34 -0600
  Perhaps doing the things we think are "Civilized" is in reality a form of
mental illness. Think of it this way. First we start eating things that make
us sick, in body and in mind. Then the number of mentally ill peoples in a
population becomes a higher percentage of that population. Although most are
left to die or treated poorly, there are some who can still hold on to
reality enough to get along with the rest of us. The greatest minds in
history were usually eccentric. Social standards take little time to change
in a given population. Usually around two hundred years. Oh sure, we gained
a lot of new technology and gadgets from going to the moon, but we didn't
gain any thing by being on it, except bragging rights. Perhaps the TV
commercial was right, once we found out it wasn't made of cheese, we haven't
been back since.