From:
Normal Eating <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 00:53:18 -0400
> Cordain.  The guy that advises brushing flax oil on meat before grilling,
and condemns saturated fat.

He doesn't condemn saturated fat, and he posted on his site's FAQ that he
had confused flax oil with something else and it shouldn't be heated.

I think what happened with Cordain's book is that his editor made him write
a weight loss diet book because that's what sells, and details of nutrition
is not his strength or area of expertise. It's too bad the publishing
company would not let him write the book that he probably wanted to write,
and that we all hoped he'd write. I remember the anticipation before it was
published, and then the disappointment.

I still think his research on what paleo people ate and how modern diets
cause sickness is extremely useful. I like reading his original journal
papers. They are more valuable than that silly book. His articles are filled
with solid, research-based information on things like what paleolithic
people ate and when humans first started using fire and cooking their food,
which is very useful to know.

His theory on the role of lectins in autoimmune disease is extremely
interesting. It's the first explanation of the cause of autoimmune disease
that makes sense to me.