From:
Michelle Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:38:32 -0600
I'm weighing in on #2.  I think I have become more sensitive than ever to
starchy products.  I ate some (not much) popcorn from one of those
cheese/carmel/butter flavored tins, and I got a stomach ache.  Also, my acne
does seem to get flared up more easily and more quickly when I do cheat.
Luckily, the cravings for these foods have also greatly diminished, and the
increased reactions are even more of a reason to eat foods that are good for
me.  I've taken more of a step-by-step, two steps forward, one step back
approach to eating paleo, so I've been able to gauge that each time I fall
back, the reactions get worse, which makes it easier to stick with the plan.
Bread doesn't even look all that yummy to me anymore, while a nice rare
steak looks delicious.  I used to be the kind of person who only ate the
sides and left most of the steak on the plate.

 But the flip-side of being on paleo is that the positives get better and
better.  I recently fought off some sort of flu/cold-like bug that really
got people down.  I had the same early symptoms of the illness, but the
symptoms only lasted about a day.  I used to be the person who always got
everything that went around--I blamed it on growing up in the sticks and
never being exposed to viruses (though I got plently of exposure to
bacteria) and got it to a bad extent, so this was a pleasant surprise.
Michelle