From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 18:01:02 -0700
Paul Sand wrote:

> >BTW, anybody knows if for somebody with CD excluding gluten can heal
> completly intestinal damage?

CD meaning Crohn's disease?  Celiac disease?  To the best of my knowledge
excluding gluten does usually heal the intestinal damage for celiacs, except
possibly in the very elderly.  Celiacs who have had many food sensitivities
also sometimes find that they can eat these foods again with no problem.
However, my reading indicates that the immune system never recovers from
its faulty diagnosis of gluten as an enemy, so these people should never
again
eat gluten-containing food.

I do not know a lot about Crohn's disease, but there are a lot of web pages
on
it in the search engines.

Lynnet