From:
Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 May 2004 16:20:03 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/2004 4:00:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
Otherwise I can't see why Type 2 cannot be
completely cured by diet/exercise once insulin resistance is brought back to
normal levels?
By D&E you can bring your BG readings back to near normal in time. But if you
do not stick to your D&E regimen the diabetes comes back with a vengeance. A
person who is not diabetic can ignore a D&E program without effect. Even if a
diabetic sticks to an aggressive D&E regimen in time (in my case 10+ years) he
will have to revert to medication.
What you are doing when your BG returns to near normal is controlling the
disease by D&E or medication but you are still diabetic. Stop the D&E or
medication and you will see.  I hope this has helped clarify things.
This subject is a little of topic, even though the Paleo regimen slightly
modified, is very good for diabetics so if you have further conversation on this
subject maybe we better go offline.  JerrySteg