From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:51:03 -0800
I have a couple of questions regarding "foreign"
proteins.

First, I was under the impression that proteins are
"disassembled" by our digestive tract into various
amino acids, which are then assimilated and utilized
by the body for repair, etc.. If this is true, then
how do "foreign" proteins have an adverse effect? Is
it a case of improper amino acid ratios? Or is it a
case of one amino acid improperly replacing another
amino acid? Or does the body not recognize the protein
and therefore does not process it into amino acids?

Along the same lines, why would there be a problem
with eating grain fed vs. free range animals (besides
the obvious higher fat content)? How could the adverse
effect of foreign proteins possibly be transmitted to
us through a grain fed animal?

Any info would be helpful.