From:
Karen Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:03:26 -0400
>I am religious about my nutrition, find no social problems
> because of it, and do many things besides read this list, eat and
exercise.
> I find this to be the simplest way I've ever eaten.

Siobhan, I appreciate your balanced comments on this. I think the term
"obsessive" is loaded for many people. It's possible to make focused choices
and be continually mindful of your diet in a relaxed way, without becoming
unbalanced in an obsessive relationship to it. Relaxed effort that is
inclusive of life is different from strained effort that narrows your life.

One person might attend to their dietary concerns with a sense of ease and
joy, while another person making even less effort might be engaged in
constant struggle and tension with it. It's not the amount of time or effort
or detail that's the issue, but our own internal relationship with it.

-Karen