From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:41:38 -0800

Robert Kesterson > >> But I still find the idea that
You'd be surprised what the mind can latch onto with a desire to be well and
calm the system enough to cure itself. I would imagine this goes under the
heading of faith. Of course, without the absolute firm belief of this
ability, it wouldn't work. Just my .02 worth and that's about all it's
worth. ;-) Oliva

Cure polygamy? Oh, that's rich.... LMAO!!!

  LOL, Oliva.  Yes, that's rich, but I guess maybe I don't understand the reasoning behind that (the Dr., not you), having not visited that website yet, but I do intend to!!!  And you are so very correct about the mind and faith.  I have both.  I don't want to "bother" anyone who doesn't have the faith, but I am also pretty frickin' sick of trying to be PC, when I am a decent person who doesn't care what anyone else does or is.  I have said this in here before...I don't get offended by anyone else's beliefs, so why should they about mine???  It's just our beliefs and a discussion, for Pete's sake, not something to make legislation about.  ANYWAY, I agree with you and William...if ya haven't tried it, don't knock it, but I do agree with Robert that there are some things I just wouldn't try because they sound dumb, lol, but that is up to me.  And for what it's worth, this theory doesn't sound totally dumb to me, but again, I will do my due diligence before I comment further.
 For what it's worth, I just got my first therapeutic massage for a really bad sciatic problem, didn't think it would work, really didn't, but it DID.  Still have some pain, but I'm not limping anymore.  And, yes, this is so totally off-topic, but I am just saying that one has to have an open mind once in a while.  Ask Ginny about my reaction when she first told me she ate raw, hehehe.  NO, I didn't make fun, I was genuinely curious, but never thought I would be on this list learning things, for real.

  Love,
  Bren