Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 04:47:09 -0800
hi-

  i am not diabetic but i am curious how the paleo diet needs to be tailored to diabetics?

  can you keep red meat? fruits?

  thanks!

ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  > Ginny, I think it was you who said that flaxseed oil is too
> manufactured,
> but when I looked into it, the sources I found indicated that fish
> oil is
> more manufactured than flaxseed oil. Could you explain please how
> flaxseed
> oil is more manufactured, if it is?

You're correct about the fish oil; I went and checked my sources as
well, and molecular distillation seems to be the norm. So that leaves
me no leg to stand on as far as production. I still have a gut
reaction that eating a fish is more natural than eating a bunch of
seeds of a particular kind, and that the Omega 3 in the fish is more
accessible and requires less conversion. Since I fancy us as
preferential carnivores with omnivorous dentition and enzymes, I'd
rather reach for the fish, too.

Very poor science, but it's OK with me.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!