From:
"Mark E. Farley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 01:26:47 -0800
I've been seeing a lot of talk on this list about what to eat
and how to lose weight.  (Don't get me wrong, the talk is good.)
Anyway, here's something I do, which I like a lot, and which
may help one of you, too.  Please don't flame me if you see
something about it that you find antithetical to the precepts
of this group.

Get some lettuce, some fresh parsley, a carrot or two, and some
celery.  These will be the "must-have" ingredients.  Clean all
of them well.  Use a LOT of parsley, not just a sprig or two.
(I.e., at least as much as anything else.)  You can add other
stuff like the fancy salad stuff that some natural food stores
have, like aragula, etc., if you like.  But it all has to be
RAW.

Get a really big bowl, and put all of the cleaned and dried-off
stuff in it.  In the meantime you should have been frying 4 or 5
strips of good politically correct bacon.  Fry the bacon just
enough to kill all the parasites in it.  (I don't know exactly
how long that is, I just guess at it.)  Don't fry it to a cinder,
though -- leave some good fat on it.  It's a good idea to cut
the bacon strips up before you fry them, into smaller pieces.

In the meantime, get 1/2 of a lime, and squeeze all the juice
out of it into a small jar.  Add about twice as much olive oil
as lime juice.  Now add whatever spices you like, like cayenne
or whatever.  Add some sea salt if you think you may need it.

By now the bacon should be done, so transfer it to the top of
the veggies in the bowl.  Feel free to put some of the rendered
bacon fat into the salad dressing jar.  Put the lid on the jar
and shake it well.  Then pour the mixture onto the salad.

Make sure the salad is big enough to fill you up, because THAT
IS THE WHOLE MEAL.  You may drink your favorite beverage with
it, but that's *it*.

Eating the above once a day (at least, whenever I can, seems to
help me stay thin.

Regards,
Mark Farley